If you are considering getting a California medical cannabis card, there are some important facts that you should be aware of. Some people may even wonder if cannabis is the medical solution for them. Others are concerned about the legality of it and their own personal freedoms. Let’s explores these aspects of California medical marijuana so that you can make a well informed decision about how medical marijuana may or may not be the right approach for your lifestyle.
Can Medical Cannabis Help You?
The reality is that like any other prescribed medical treatment option, cannabis may not be the right solution for everyone. Some people will not feel that it is helping them, and others will find surefire relief from using it. However, it’s of importance to note that you can only bring about more solutions for relief by fully exploring your medical options. In many cases, patients do find that cannabis provides adequate relief with nominal side effects and interactions. Only your doctor and you can make an educated decision regarding this.
How to Get a Medical Cannabis Card California
If you are seeking to get a California cannabis card, then you are fortunate to have some good options. This state is the first state in the union to decriminalize medical cannabis and has the oldest running program in the nation, a program that has been in place since 1996. The only way that you can get approved for such a card in this state is by first seeing a doctor and being recommended to use medicinal cannabis as a natural treatment option.
Top 10 Facts to Know About a Medical Cannabis Card California
1. Medicinal cannabis is approved to treat 166 different medical conditions in California.
2. Only doctor approved patients can use cannabis legally in California.
3. A California medical cannabis card is only valid for one year.
4. With a card, you can legally purchase cannabis from dispensaries.
5. Only patients who hold a card are protected from prosecution.
6. Card holders cannot be discriminated against by employers or landlords.
7. Law enforcement can scan your card to verify it’s valid.
8. With a card you can possess, transport, use and grow cannabis.
9. The marijuana program is managed by the health department.
10. All cities and counties have similar yet different laws regarding usage, possessing, growing and so forth.